Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm a Fool but...

I want to be a fool for God, and laugh and cry and surrender all. I want to truly trust and humbly serve, come to Him broken and live life renewed.


I thought to myself, "you're a fool" this morning as I used a Starbucks card to get coffee and some holiday bread. I was inconsiderate to the barrista when I said, "the side of the cup is all wet," when he gave me my cup. I said, "do you have a napkin back there?" but I never asked him to please wipe it off for me... I expected it. I'm so sorry for being rude. It didn't hit me until I was standing on the corner waiting for the light to change... I looked down at my brown Doc Martins that terribly clash with my black outfit and thought, "you look like a fool." I felt the wetness of my freshly cleaned Eggnog Latte and remembered how I had acted. How could I make up for it? I had no time to go in and apologize; I had to get to work. I could go back later today or tomorrow but who knows if he will be there - or if he'd remember. But that's not the point. So who knows what I'm going to do. This is the dilemma of living...

Today's Word

Joy in His Presence

Today's Scripture

“You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand” (Psalm 16:11).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria


Do you need more joy in your life today? God promises that joy is found in His presence, and if you’ve accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then His presence lives inside of you! That joy manifests when you focus your mind and heart on the Father and begin to praise Him for what He’s done in your life. The Bible says that He inhabits the praises of His people. When you begin to praise and thank Him, you are in His presence where there is fullness of joy. It doesn’t matter where you are or what’s going on around you, you can access the joy that’s inside of you at anytime, day or night. And know this: God wants you to experience His supernatural joy and peace at all times. That’s why He chose to live inside of you and give you an endless supply. Don’t waste another minute feeling overburdened and discouraged. Let the joy of the Lord be your strength, and you will move forward in victory on the path of life He’s prepared for you!



A Prayer for Today


Father in heaven, thank You for an endless supply of joy. Today, I choose to cast my cares on You and give You the praise, glory, and honor You deserve. Let joy flow through me today so that I can be a witness of Your goodness to those around me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Stockton, CA, United States
Free to run.