Sunday, December 30, 2007

Too Many Things...

Well, it's almost 2008. I know people always ask this, but what is it about changing the calendar year that holds such a magical hope about it? Do I really believe that I could actually start over... is that truly possible? Living alone in the world without God - no. Just take a stroll down the "self-help" aisle of your local Barnes & Noble. God's the only one who can bring the "magic" of the New Year to us any day of the year. At any moment in time, I can ask God to make me a new person. I can, and I have. So now that I am a new creation, the old being gone, how am I going to live my life? Will I take this amazing gift and toss it in the pile of token Christmas favors or will I hold it dear and cherish it before my eyes each morning, focusing on the prize for which Christ has called me heavenward?

Too many things... I must stop "trying" to live. I'm trying to hard. I have too many things going on in my life and most of them aren't even real. It's going to be incredibly hard for me, but I am going to seriously scale back (notice I can't quite let go yet) on network sites and blogs from now on, not just in this new year. I have let them take over my every spare moment so that I have not made time for Christ, let alone real relationships with real people. So look for me in the new year - in the flesh. I'll be more focused, more peaceful, more gentle, more musical, and hopefully, more real.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Stockton, CA, United States
Free to run.