Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Think They Call it an Ear Worm...



O.K. maybe it doesn't work... Just testing out this new thing I found on Amie Street. (It didn't work for me but it looks like it should.)
If I sent you an email, come join! You can find free and/or cheap music and you can recommend songs to gain points to buy MORE music! I started with my free $5.00, haven't spent any "real" money and I have over 100 songs. I got plugged into it thanks to Matt and you can support his music on there too. If I didn't send you an email and you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the link. I didn't want to send it to a bazillion people...

Anyway, I've been waking up with this song playing in my head for the past several weeks even though I haven't listened to it in a while. Specifically the line "Sometimes rain that's needed falls
We float like two lovers in a painting by Chagall"







There's a lot of floating going on in Chagall's paintings... Who knows which one The Weepies were referring to? I had forgotten how much I enjoy art. Good old classic paintings by the masters. But if I were to hang a Chagall in my living room (if I had a living room), it would be this last one. It's called "Three Candles."





















About the Artwork
Marc Chagall (1887 – 1985) embraced the philosophy that love colored his paintings. Focusing extensively on his childhood, his happy, optimistic paintings defy the poverty of his upbringing in a Russian Shtetl. After a brief time in Paris, Chagall escaped to the US during World War II where his career reached new heights including a rare exhibit during his lifetime at the Louvre.

1 comment:

mamajoyCarol said...

Hi Jen!
I just discovered Chagall again (first time was in Art History many moons ago now) this year. I put together a double bulletin board on the life of Christ...ending with several of the Chagall crucifixtion
paintings.
I switched the boards out in May and hung one of the floating couples picture for the "Song of Solomon"sermon series that we just had.
Too cool that I see you have Chagall posted as well!

About Me

My photo
Stockton, CA, United States
Free to run.