Thursday, February 7, 2008

Others Always Say It Better...

New Creation

Today's Scripture

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come” (II Corinthians 5:17).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Everyone loves to get something new. But as a believer in Jesus, you’re not only getting something new, you are something new. You are a brand new creation! Your eternal being, or the spirit on the inside of you, is re-created in Christ. The old is gone, the new has come. The Bible says that we are to work out our salvation. That means you have to retrain your body and mind to act, think, speak and live according to the new spirit within you—instead of the old habits you used to have. Don’t ever get stuck in a rut thinking, “I’ll never change…that’s just the way I am.” No, the Bible says that the Spirit of God aids us in our weakness. He gives us strength to overcome. He empowers us to live as more than conquerors. Is there something you want to change in your life today? Remember, you are a new creation in Christ. You are empowered to overcome. You are equipped to walk in the new, abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

Father in Heaven, thank You for making me a new creation. Thank You for empowering me to live as an overcomer. I give this day to You and ask You to help me fully understand the plan You have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Stockton, CA, United States
Free to run.